直接表达:
1. See you around. 回头见。
2. I'm going to go away. 我要走了。
3. I'm afraid I must be leaving now. 恐怕我得走了。
4. I have to prepare leaving. 我得准备走了。
5. I'm sorry I have to go now. 抱歉我得走了。
6. I gotta run. 我要走了。
7. I'm in a rush now. 我现在赶时间。
8. I really gotta be going. 我真的得走了。
9. You have to let me go. 你必须让我走。
10. I can't stay any longer, sorry. 我不能久留了,抱歉。
间接表达:
在日常生活中,很多时候我们会碍于情面不好意思直接说自己要离开,这种情况下,我们可以说一些善意的谎言(white lies), 礼貌间接地表达自己想要离开的意愿,比如我们可以说:
1. I have to leave earlier than I thought because the traffic is really bad outside.
外面交通状况很糟,我得比计划提前离开了。
2. I got an emergency call from home, I must go now.
我刚接到了家里来的紧急电话,必须走了。
3. As I have plan for the afternoon, I'm afraid this is it.
我下午还安排了事情,恐怕我们的谈话只能到此了。
【背景:大家突然发现拉杰什很有钱,于是有了这么一番对话。】
【L=Leonard P=Penny H=Howard S=Sheldon】
L: Listen, guys, I'm sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but I need to go call Raj's
sister, who I love so much. So vastly much.
伦:听着,伙计们,抱歉,我不想失礼,但我得去给拉杰什的妹妹打了电话了。我爱她,非常地爱她。
P: Okay, so he's got money, and it's a few gifts and a car.
彭:好吧,那他是有钱人,只是几个礼物和一辆车而已。
H: And she got him to pay off all her credit cards.
霍:她还让他帮她还了所有信用卡的债务。
P: What? He paid off her credit cards? Damn it. I could've dated Raj for a couple months. But I wouldn't have, because I'm not that kind of girl. We should really talk to Raj.
彭:什么?他还给她还信用卡债务?该死。我应该很拉杰什约会几个月的。但是我不会的,我不是那样的女孩。我们真的应该跟拉杰什谈谈。