触类旁通
How do you do? 你好!(用于陌生人初次见面)
How are you doing? 你好吗?(用于熟人之间)
场景1
A: Hey, Jack. How are you?
嗨,杰克。你好吗?
B: Fine. Thank you. And you?
A: I'm great. Have you been keeping busy?
我很好,你近忙吗?
B: So-so.
马马虎虎吧。
so-so[?s?us?u] a.平常的,不好不坏的
场景2
A: How do you do? Mr. Black.
您好,布莱克先生。
B: How do you do?
您好!
A: I'm from ABC Company. Can I have a few minutes?
我是ABC公司的,能占用您几分钟时间吗?
B: Sure.
可以。
场景3
A: How are you doing?
你好吗?
B: Getting by.
还过得去。
A: You look bad. Are you OK?
你看上去不太好,没事吧?
B: Yeah. I just need a rest.
没事,我只是需要休息一下。
get by 混过,勉强通过